Thursday, February 15, 2007

A little discouraged

I worked for hours today detailing one of the feet on that Vatshu kit.

The two rear stabilizer things came out good - very pleased with them.

Not so pleased with the main body of the foot. I didn't have a coherent plan to start with, but luckily I engraved all the stuff into a double coating of Mr. Surfacer 100.

I was bummed out by the prospect of sanding it back down and re-doing it, but then I had an epiphany, thanks in part to this image that lodged in my mind after I saw it this morning. I realized that I can take an impression in clay of the foot sole and then sculpt out a negative to cast and attach to the bottom of both feet. This way I can make something really cool and complicated without having to worry about trying to duplicate it on the second foot.

I'll let you know how this goes...

No comments: